What is Syntax Validation API?
Syntax Validation API runs multiple syntax and database driven checks to give you an incredibly fast indication of whether a phone number is potentially valid or not.
The Syntax Validation API will return the following information:
- valid: Is the number a potentially valid number or not.
- normalised: The Number formatted to an internationally recognized format.
- type: What type of number it is e.g. Mobile or Landline
- format: The international standard format which is E164
- country: The country this number is allocated too and the ISO numeric and alpha codes.
- blockStatus: If this number is from a range of allocated phone numbers by Ofcom.
- originalProvider: The provider this numbers range was applied to. This may have changed due to porting.
- location: Landline Only, The area of the UK that phone number is allocated to.